Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Swimming- Day 3

Wow. Swimming sucks. I really don't know how else to say it. It ranks somewhere between a terrible hangover and a funeral. I am so spent after I am done swimming. Today I swam 1/2 a mile. It is not like running 1/2 a mile.... where I don't even get winded. First off you can run a 1/2 a mile in 4 or 5 minutes. It took me 25 minutes to swim that far. After a 1/2 mile I pull myself, panting mind you, out of the pool. I crawl to the locker room. I sit on the floor to dress. I don't even know how I drive home! My Dad says he gets a burst of energy for the next few hours after a swim. I get an overwhelming desire for a nap. The good thing about today was I met a nice lifeguard and she gave me a lot of tips. I bombarded her w/ questions about breathing, water in ears, stroke form, and sore muscle groups. She probably thinks I am loony! But she was a great help. After 3 days of swimming, I am taking tomorrow off. I plan to swim Thursday and Friday to finish out the week. Geesh! Swimming is for the birds... or the fish... or whatever. Peace out.

No comments: