Monday, April 21, 2008

Swimming Along

Swimming. I've been thinking about it for a while. It is a great way to get a cardio workout. But it is not running. It takes a lot more effort. There's the suit, the goggles, the towel, getting to the pool, changing, water in your noes and ears, etc. And all that does not include the actual swimming part. So I've been ignoring the nagging feeling to go swim. However, after a couple runs last week, my leg is out of commission. Even the elliptical machine is painful. It is the constant bending and rotation of my leg that causes pain. My sports medicine doctor said to stop spinning and the elliptical if they cause pain. So here I am. Not running.... again. I have to get some cardio. So I went to the pool last night and this afternoon for the first laps of my hopefully short swimming career. I was exhausted both times!!! I don't know how swimmers do it. It sure did feel good to be exercising though. I hope to go a few times a week until my leg is better. I'll keep you posted on how this newest venture works out. Peace out!

No comments: