Monday, January 28, 2008

People don't know....

Today while I was running the track during boot camp. My instructor and I had a little chat.
Me: I love this class.
Mary: I'm glad. And it looks like you've lost a little weight.
Me: Um...ya. A little.
I realized that people don't know. And how would they know? People can't look at me and tell that I've been working my butt off exercising since August. Dieting since April. People don't know. To my instructor I look like a New Year's Resolution chick. Nothing wrong w/ resolution chicks... you go girls! I am just not one of them. This has been going on for a long time and people I meet today don't know. And that is okay. I was just taken aback for a minute that she mentioned I'd lost a "little" weight. I am used to people who know me seeing me and they are like "Oh my gosh!" Etc. It was refreshing, in a way, for someone to just think I needed to drop 20 pounds. The conversation ended w/ me telling her I've lost 50 pounds. Because people don't know.... and I don't mind telling them!

No comments: