Saturday, January 19, 2008

Moving On

Today's 5K time. Yay!!! I realize that if I was running an actual 5K my time would be slower due to hills, turns, etc. But doing this every few weeks really helps me to push myself. And when 5K season starts this spring I'll see what my road times are like. The fastest I have run a race since I was an adult is 32:58. That was in 2005. I think I can beat that no problem.

As for today's weigh in.... not so great. I was actually up 1 pound!!! What the heck? I was so upset when talking to my consultant. I said "Doesn't it take 3500 extra calories to gain a pound? I did not eat 3500 calories beyond my plan for the week!" I don't go off plan more than a hundred calories a day here and there. And that is only on days when I have really hard workouts and need more than 1500 anyway. My consultant reminded me that it could be water weight. Or maybe last week I was a little dehydrated and didn't lose an actual 2.6 pounds of body fat. I know there are a lot of reasons why it could be up a pound. I just get upset b/c I want the scale to reflect my work. Okay... moving on. Next week will be great! I can feel it!

No comments: