Monday, March 3, 2008

Upgrade?

I switched from 8 pound weights to 10 pound weights today. It was time. I really felt pushed tonight when lifting and enjoyed the challenge. My only complaint is the look of my new weights. I mean... please. While at the store this afternoon to purchase new weights I didn't notice the 10 pounders at first. I saw 2's, 3's, 5's, and 8's. They were all purple, blue, pink, aqua, etc. And in the above nice bubble shape and coated in that rubber-plastic. So nice.
I called over an associate.

Me: Excuse me Mam. Do you have any 10 pound hand weights?
Mam: Ummmm yes. Over here. See. Here they are. (She is pointing to a pile of metal that I did not notice before. There are 10, 15, 20 pound weights and more. All metal.)
Me: Oh. I see. Ummmm. Do you have any pretty 10 pound hand weights?
Mam: What? No. I guess we don't.

Well, I obviously bought them but I am not happy about having them hanging around looking all ugly. So- is this what happens now? Are the manufacturers assuming that people lifting 10 pound hand weights want mannish, metal weights?! The injustice.

No comments: