Monday, March 24, 2008

Back in the Saddle

My therapist gave me the okay to start running today. I was so excited to run! He said only to run between a half mile and a mile-- at a very slow pace. He instructed me to stop immediately if my leg started to hurt. So I hopped on the treadmill at 2:30 this afternoon. It was great to be back in the saddle again. I had my ipod on, my running shorts on, my lift in my shoe, and a smile on my face! I ran at an embarrassingly slow pace and felt great. My leg felt great. It did start to hurt a few hours later but the therapist said he thought it would be sore afterwards. I am so happy to be running. I can run the same distance again on Wednesday. And then I will have therapy again on Thursday. I am really hopeful that this is the beginning of the end of my injury. Peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1Great for you! Work yourself back up to avoid reinjuring your leg..whatever pace your running its still faster than me!!