Sunday, September 9, 2007

Run=Happy

Sometimes you don't want to do things that you know you just have to do. Take running for example. I have to run. Run=happy. I know this... I have to run or I will be so depresso. I waited all day. I kept putting it off. I was getting more and more down on myself as the hours went by. Finally at 7:45 pm I dragged myself out there. I have to trick myself. I say- "Okay, I'll just put on my shoes and go onto the porch. I'm not interested in running." Then- "I'll just turn on my ipod and stretch. No running for me." Then- "I think I'll just walk down the street and see what all my neighbors are doing. Just walk. Not run." And then w/in seconds I am running. I am so glad that I went. I had the best run that I have had in a long time. It felt so good. I didn't get fatigued to where I had to walk home limping. And that is a victory for me. I felt like I had 2% body fat and was in the 26th mile of the Boston Marathon. In reality I was plodding along my favorite 2 mile jog in Troy, Ohio w/ something like 82% body fat. Not exactly as exciting. And that's okay... I'm dealing.

Tomorrow starts my new intense work out schedule. I am really pumped about it. I have step aerobics at 10:15. I did step aerobics in college and it takes me a little while to get the hang of it. Once I've got it down I am fine but I am just a little slow to catch on. I am not the most coordinated person you see. This promises to be an amusing time... especially for my classmates!

No comments: