Friday, December 14, 2007

Groceries

I went to Kroger today to get a few things. It was a mad house!!! At first I couldn't figure out why. But then I heard two women talking about the coming "storm" and realized that all these people were here to stock up. The forecast is calling for some snow starting tomorrow afternoon and lasting until Sunday morning. Between 4 and 9 inches. And people around here are going crazy about this. Whole shelves in Kroger were bear. Everyone was rushing around. It was so packed. Anyway- I started cart watching. People really consume a lot of crap. I saw a man w/ a ton of beer in his cart. Another guy w/ 2 kids had several bags of marshmallows. There was a soup lady.... every kind of Campbell's imaginable. What are people doing w/ all this stuff? So much junk.... are they really going to eat it? I started to get cart envy. I couldn't even LOOK at the carts w/ pretzels or any kind of salt product. I really tried hard to make sure I was an obvious non-stocker. I don't let the weather change my grocery list. I had apples, bananas, fat free cottage cheese, lettuce, pickles, yogurt, teddy grahams, cheerios, formula, diet coke, and soy milk. Nothing fun. That is okay. I eat healty food now. You are what you eat. Right? That is what I keep telling myself.

No comments: