Monday, December 17, 2007

A Big Birthday!

Today at my all strength class we celebrated Bettyann's 83rd birthday. Yes, you read that correctly. Bettyann is 83 years old. She is the strongest and most in shape person I know over 60. Bettyann takes all strength class 3 times a week. After our class she goes to play tennis w/ a friend. On her "off" days she takes a Pilates class. She is really amazing. Today we were doing wall seats. You know, where you put your back against the wall and scoot down like you are sitting in a chair, then hold it. Bettyann can hold them longer than anyone. And while we were all struggling to stay in the sitting position and complaining about our legs burning she said, "I just don't know why this doesn't hurt my legs." So funny! Happy birthday, Bettyann. May I be as fit as you are at 83, by the time I am 33!

No comments: