Friday, October 26, 2007

On the sidelines

A visit to my chiropractor has confirmed that I do have Iliotibial Band Syndrome. It has been caused by my hips pulling up my right leg and making it shorter than my left. The right leg has to overcompensate then and it causes your IT Band to become inflamed. My doctor has me taking a week off running, spinning, step, Tae Bo, basically anything that could aggravate the injury. I see him three times next week for therapy- electric current and manipulation. A week from today I can start running- slowly. I take it slow for 2 weeks. About 3 weeks from now the injury should be healed and I can run faster and farther. I've actually had a few problems over the years w/ my hips pulling my right leg up and making it shorter. Especially during my pregnancies. But it has never caused this much pain. I am so happy to have the problem identified. I am relieved that it will only take 3 weeks to get back to normal. I plan to do pilates over the next week to keep active. I am feeling okay today.... but I do miss running already.

No comments: