Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy Days are Here Again

Okay- You may disregard my previous posting. I feel better today and am not depresso anymore. My weigh in was better than I had hoped for. I lost 1.6 pounds this week!!! Yay me!! I was super nervous about weighing in. This result makes me feel great. It is like I talked about last week. Effort=results, right? Well, this week that is the case anyway. So I will stay away from Chipotle for one more week. Then, after my next weigh in, I will reevaluate my need to boycott this fine establishment.
Next order of business... I am seriously contemplating not weighing in at home anymore. Every morning I get up and weigh in. Does it cause confusion or is it motivating? I am not sure. Of course the scales are different by about a pound and a half but I account for that when weighing at home. Still I am not sure if this is beneficial. According to Jenny's scale I am down 5.2 pounds for the month. This brings me past my monthly goal of 4 pounds a month. But according to my scale I am all over the place. There is often a 3 to 4 pound difference between days. I change the battery monthly so I know it is not that. And it is not a cheap scale-- it is the expensive Weight Watchers scale. (Shhhh. Don't tell Jenny.) Please tell me what you think. Should I stop weighing myself at home everyday?

And finally, a little shot out to my parents.... who are pretty cool these days. They are willing to help me w/ my long run on Sundays. (See previous post.) Yes! Thank you. When Jack is out of town I always meet them at 9 am Mass and then go out to breakfast. Well, my Mom suggested that instead of going to breakfast we go back to their house and they watch the kiddos while I run. Perfect. I always say- Mother knows best. Thanks Mom and Dad for all your help!!

1 comment:

Ria said...

Sar~

All the fam keeps telling me that you look like a supermodel! So, major props!!!

If I don't weigh myself at the same time everyday, I have major fluctuations! I think it is sometimes more encouraging to do it once a week or only when I need a push to exercise.

Keep up the great work! I'm so jealous!

Love~
Ri