Sunday, April 26, 2009

One year and counting...

 Yay!  Today is my maintenance anniversary!  That means- I have maintained my weight loss for one year!  Whew- that was tough!  Maintenance has been the hardest part of this process- BY FAR!!  I am learning something new everyday.  I have never posted my actual "before" picture on my blog.  Well, here it is.  In all it's glory.  I've also posted a few from throughout my journey.  I'll give you a little rundown...

April 1, 2007- I am 6 weeks postpartum in this picture and a size 18.  I feel just as bad as I look- trust me.  I've had to doctor the pic a little bit b/c I was wearing black against the black carpet at the Jenny Craig Center.  I loved that velour maternity sweatsuit from Mimi.  Thanks Mom.


May 25, 2007- My sister Ria's wedding.  I had lost 13 pounds here and I remember thinking "Good thing I lost weight for the wedding."  Dress was an 18, but had to be taken in a little... probably in a 16 here.


November 7, 2007- I am about half way to my goal here.  This is where people started telling me I looked fine and didn't need to lose anymore weight.  I know they meant well but it got annoying b/c my BMI was still unhealthy and I knew it.  Size 12.


January 26, 2008-  I am feeling really good here.  (This pic is after a run.)  I was a size 10 and I was soooo happy.  I went shopping for new clothes for the first time just before this w/ my sister Grace.  She kept bringing me size 10 jeans and the kept fitting!!!  I was in shock.  I can remember I was really starting to gain confidence in myself around this time.  For the first time, I KNEW I would reach my goal- it was just a matter of when.


February 29, 2008- I LOVED these Levi's jeans!!  I got them at Plato's Closet (where I bought most of my clothes while I was losing weight) and I wore them for days on end.  I would even sleep in them.  Anyway, they were a size 7.  Ha!  Odd sizes are juniors clothes... haven't worn them since before I had children!  I was so happy to be in these.


April 26, 2008- GOAL!!!  70 pounds gone!!!  My goal weigh-in was so awesome.  It was early in the morning... like 7:15 am or something.  My consultant and all the girls at the center were so excited for me.  I texted everyone- in all time zones even though it was early.  I was so over the moon this day. I hadn't wore a size 4 since freshman year of college!

I am so thankful to my friends, family, and everyone who has supported me during this process. If I had to name names of the people I am forever thankful to it would be: Jack, Mom, Dad, Anna, Tara, Ria, Grace, Holly, Tonya, and my amazing consultant Melissa!  W/o all of these people I seriously could not have done this.  You are so far above me- I'm like ropes on the Good Year Blimp.

Peace!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah - you look fabulous! Congratulations!

Carol said...

WOW!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sarah..I have stalled a little but I am still on the road!

Chrissy said...

This is so wonderful Sarah. You have come so far, and as I have said before, are really an inspiration!

Tara said...

I love it!! You truly are inspirational.....