Thursday, April 16, 2009

So- it's come to this....


Here is the latest.  My foot is most likely broken.  I am going to have a bone scan done next week.  I need to have a scan b/c it is probably a small fracture in a small bone.  My new podiatrist said he would just have a hard time believing it is not broken b/c it is still so swollen after over a week of not running.  The x-rays are inconclusive.  They show something but I need more x-rays and the scan.  Grrrrr.  This is not good.  I am in a boot for now.  (See pics.  I took the second one in a high heel b/c it is the only shoe that is high enough to allow me to walk level.  Don't think I can wear this look out.)  This damn boot is enormous.  But I am really hoping to stay in the boot as opposed to going to a cast.  He said he might let me stay in the boot if it is broken... we will have to see how it is healing.  The doc said what most likely happened was I sprained it a few months ago and it just never got to heal.  I kept taking little periods of time off but never long enough.  So I just ran until I broke it.  Ahhhh!  Are you kidding me?  I now need to be off running for 8 to 12 weeks.  I really can't think about that now.  I'll think about that tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well crap!! Age bites..

Chrissy said...

On the bright side, your calf looks great in that heel. And I have to laugh all the time when I see others(or find myself) donning a pair of heels with blue jeans. I think, "Well, darned if Sarah didnt predict THAT one coming!" Also, loving the hair length on you too.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, what a bummer. I'm so sorry!!

Grace said...

Is that a work out skirt? I would like to recall my boarding school days and all the crap I had to put up with about my work out skirts.

Love the shoe change. You look hot. I should break something.

outdoor.mom said...

oh frustrating!!! Well, work on your abs and arms while you can't run :-) good luck.