Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Proceed w/ Caution

Ahhh.  Another great run today.  I just hopped off my treadmill.  I did 3.25 miles. My workouts have been a little shorter lately.  I am trying to run under 5 miles at a time and only a few times a week.  I have a nagging little pain in my foot and I am proceeding w/ caution.  I am not sure what it is exactly.  The pain is on the ball of my right foot and goes up my big toe.  (Of course it is my right leg.  My right leg is really the bane of my existence.  And I looked up the meaning of that phrase... it means something "is a constant irritant or source of misery."  Ha!)  The past month it only hurt when I ran.  However this week it started hurting all.the.time.  I am confused b/c I am doing everything I should be.  Plenty of stretching, slow runs, days off, strength work... (okay, maybe I could do more strength training but does that really effect the ball of my foot?)  If it doesn't get better I will need to find a new runner doctor here in NC.  I miss my running doc in Ohio.  He knows so much.  I emailed him today to ask if he knew of anyone in this area who works w/ runners.  I also asked him a little about this pain I am having.  I am anxiously awaiting his reply.  For now I've dropped my mileage to between 9 and 15 miles a week.  And they are SLOW miles.  I am not letting this hold me down!  Onward!

No comments: