Friday, August 1, 2008

The Early Bird Gets The...

... whatever.  I was up bright and early at 6 am this morning and on the road, running at 6:30.   I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE doing this.  I can't tell you the last time I was able to.  See, I have to get the proper amount of sleep the night before, or an early morning run is a no-go.  I consider myself a morning person.  I like to get up and start the day at the beginning of the day.  I am usually pleasant.  The more sleep I get the happier I am in the morning. As I stepped out on my porch today I could smell skunks, cigarette smoke, and fresh asphalt.  All of which I expect to smell in the morning and generally don't mind.  The sun was coming up over the Urban Nature Reserve as I ran by it and it was a beautiful sight.  A nice man waved me over to his car and asked directions to Wal-Mart.  (Which I gave eagerly.  I love to give directions.)  There was an old woman riding a bike w/ a basket on it.  A man was roller-blading.  The guys at 84 Lumber honked their truck horns as I ran by and it startled me.  Really nice people are out and about at this time of day, and if I am sleeping b/c I went to bed too late, I don't get to see them. I was back home by 7:20 and the kids and Jack were just waking up.  Perfect timing.  Peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started doing this too! I have to wait until Lee gets home..but it's such a great feeling to get going early!

Anonymous said...

Hello i'm Sibur
I recently read an article about what good running does. Besides the piece of being with yourself and exercising it can aslo slow aging process.
Here is the article if you are interested.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7554293.stm