Friday, August 15, 2008

Anna Saves the Day

Last night I settled into bed at the early hour of 9:30.  I thought I'd get a long night of sleep.  I took a melatonin and got comfy.  Just as I was drifting off to dreamland I got a text message. I rolled over to check my phone and it was from my dear sister Anna.  It read "Phelps 50 minutes!".  Oh no!  I had forgotten that Michael had a race!  How thoughtless of me.  So I did what any exhausted, stay-at-home mother would do when she gets a text message from her sister that a beautiful man in his early 20's is going to be on her television, in the middle of the night, in a Speedo- I grabbed my pillow and a blanket and shuffled down to the couch to set up camp.  What a great race he had!  I can't believe I almost missed it.  Thanks Anna- that is what sisters are for!

No comments: