Friday, May 30, 2008

Tune Up

I am organizing all my music on my new computer.  I love iTunes and have been using it for a year and a half w/ my Nano.  So tonight I've been redoing all my playlists.  So fun!  I've got 5 playlists right now.  They are: Classical, Running 1, Running 2, Running 3, Race Day.  The classical one is for around the house b/c I don't play my exercise music w/ the children around.  (I have an iLive that I play it on in the living room.)  The 3 running playlists are for runs or the elliptical.  I also put them on the iLive while I lift weights after the kiddos are in bed.  And the last one is for racing.  If I ever get to run a road race again!  I try to keep the same pattern on each of the running lists.  A slow song to start for when I am walking- like Alicia Keys "No One" or Dave Matthews "Busted Stuff".  Then a great pick me up song for when I start running.  Like Rusted Root's "Send Me on My Way" or Amy Winehouse's "Rehab".  (Don't ask me why "Rehab" picks me up... it just does.)  Then I go into a wide variety of tunes that keep my heart rate and adrenaline pumping.  I try to have some mix of the following on each playlist:Beyonce
Sean Paul
U2
Justin Timberlake
Maroon 5 or The Killers
LL Cool J or House of Pain or Fat Boy Slim
Pat Benatar
Kanye West
Timberland (obviously)
Fergie
Avril Lavigne
And some nice man called T-Pain

All running playlists end w/ U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday" as is my preference.  My race day playlist is a little more demanding.  To make this list songs must be super-upbeat... no down time. And of course, I add "Chariots of Fire" on here right about the time I want to be finishing.  I have back-up songs after CoF just in case I don't finish when I planned to.  These have to be especially happy so I don't cry.  This playlist is so super-charged I can't even listen to it on a regular day w/o hyperventilating... just kidding... kinda.

I put a lot of thought into these playlists.  I wonder if I could copyright the song order?  What is everyone else listening to these days?  Do you have a great workout song I am missing?  Let me know.  Peace out!

No comments: