Monday, October 20, 2008

Tuning In

My Dad and I were sad to hear that our Boston Red Sox will not be going to the World Series.  I don't follow baseball regularly but like to tune in at the end of the season- especially if the Red Sox are involved.  However, "tuning-in" has a different meaning while trying to watch baseball this year.  You see- my parents don't get the channel that the games were on.  So I've been keeping my computer on the Boston Red Sox homepage during the games.  It gives semi-live updates.  I keep checking for them and then I yell the happenings and the score into the next room where my Father is.  But last night one of the innings got really interesting and we were staring at the computer screen waiting for it to update.  It was just taking too long!  So what did we do?  We ran to Dad's car where he has XM radio and finished out the inning in there!  I am totally bummed that Boston isn't going on-- but this was very funny!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny!! Hi Mr. Pregent

Anna said...

That is very funny....and quite normal.... I am not shocked. Did you then watch 2 nuns in a stable? Again, I am not shocked. The Sands of Iwo jima?? I expect that. ;)

Grace said...

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly? Bonanza? You two really are the most inventive of the family. Good work. I would stay on the phone with Jess while he was in a bar watching the game so he could tell me everything. Now why don't we all just get TV? Maybe this is more fun?