Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Soapy Tale

Today I squeezed in a 3 mile run while Lisa was in gym class.  I got to watch a portion of "The Young and the Restless" and all of "The Bold and the Beautiful".... which really makes my day.  When I was in high school I started watching them while I was at the tanning salon my sister's and I worked at.  I have been watching the same 2 soaps every since.  My viewing in college was a little sporadic but I watched it when I could.  After high school, while in the work force, I kept up mainly online.  And then, when I had Lisa and started staying home full-time, I watched everyday.  Even when I babysat 6+ children a day I managed to get my soaps in.  I love the shows.  I love the characters.  I love the story lines.  I love the actors.  I love the acting.... (and I don't care what people say.)  I love the Newmans, the Abbotts, and the Forresters!  When I was watching everyday I would dream about the characters as if they were my friends and family.  I would wake up in the morning and tell Jack- "I dreamed Nick was in a bad helicopter accident and he lost his memory.  But then when he got it back he left Phyllis and went back to Sharon.  Because he realized that she is the love of his life.  I really hope that happens b/c they belong together."  (Bad.  I know.)  In the past year I have really broke the soap habit.  I've only watched here and there.  Sometimes a big story line is on and I will watch for a week.  But mostly I don't watch.  Today was a nice treat getting to watch.  I was tired from running 6.5 miles on Monday and a fast 4 miles yesterday.  So it made my run really enjoyable. And they move so slowly that I am almost caught up on the last 6 months since I watched!  (Pictured- Victor and Nikki- on and off for like 25 years or something!)

1 comment:

Tara said...

You are hilarious.